Funding for development workers
We advise NGOs and church partners, such as dioceses, on funding to meet their personnel requirements. As well as this, we prepare cost calculations, support organisations in the search for co-financing, help with the application process and review all the paperwork.
Co-financing of up to 70 percent
Up to 70 percent of the development cooperation costs outlined in the contract are eligible for co-financing for church partners. The funds come from the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and are distributed through the Catholic Central Agency for Development Aid (KZE). Catholic executing agencies only contribute 30 percent plus a 10 percent administrative fee for our services in the areas of project assessment, administration and personnel placement.
You submit the application, we review it.
If you are seeking co-financing, please submit an application to AGIAMONDO. We will review your project based on developmental criteria. The Catholic Central Agency for Development Aid (KZE) and/or MISEREOR will decide whether to approve your application, all in accordance with German laws on government subsidies. The recruitment of personnel and the administrative and accounting services are provided by AGIAMONDO. The financial assistance is based on the costs of a three-year contract for a development worker. It is possible to obtain an extension of up to three additional years.
Who may submit applications for funding?
- German Catholic dioceses
- German Catholic parishes
- The Federation of German Catholic Youth (BDKJ) and its member organisations
- Non-governmental development organisations associated with the above-mentioned entities, but which do not themselves have access to public funds for the international recruitment and deployment of personnel
Eligible personnel requirements in development cooperation
The programme must meet specific criteria to qualify for financial support for the hiring of personnel:
- The responsibility for executing the project lies with partners in the host country
- The mission and objective are highly relevant from a development policy perspective
- There is networking with other players or programmes in the field of development work
- The results aim to achieve a lasting impact
- The development policy work is of a model nature or has a broad impact, e.g. by providing training for local development workers
If you have an eligible project, please do not hesitate to contact us.